CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

THIS IS IT!

Today is the day! In approximately 4 .5 hours I will be on stage with lots of extremely fit girls. Am I ready? I guess so. I don't feel ready. Am I nervous? More so this time than I was for my first show. Do I love competing? YES, I love this part...getting make-up done, big jewerly, etc. You work so hard that today is the day to show it off. Not that I feel I have a lot to show off, but you know what I mean. lol

I will keep you posted......

Here are some cutsie pictures in the mean time.

Checking out the driver's seat while I wash my car.

Helping mommy sweep.




Hanging out with her cousins.

A lot of people ask me what I eat...here is a sample. This diet is what I eat 2 weeks before the show:

Breakfast: 3 egg whites


Mid morning: 4 oz. fish
2 cups green veggies
Lunch: 4 oz. fish
2 cups green veggies

Mid afternoon: 4 oz. fish
2 cups green veggies
Supper: 4 oz. fish
2 cups green veggies


**Lots of water. I never realized how technical the diet, cardio and supplements get when competing. This year has been a learning experience for me and I hope to be better next year.


Someone asked me the other day if I will keep competing.....for now I would say yes. I love the structure and discipline! I love having a goal and seeing the results.





The diet before the show is unrealistic. However the weeks leading up to this point is reasonable and just healthy eating. It takes a lot of discipline and "tunnel vision". I read in an article the other day about a competitor who said the only way she can stay on track and not cheat is to have tunnel vision. That is SO TRUE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment